Year Began Martial Arts: 2004
Tish Harris began her martial arts journey in her home country of America. She learned the art of Kajukembo and earned her way through the ranks and eventually become an Instructor at her club in Texas. Upon moving to Australia she started her martial arts journey again and joined the Beaudesert Black Dragon Kai club learning directly under the founder Kaiso Geordie Lavers-McBain.
Alongside teaching at Black Dragon Kai Beaudesert Tish also works in local schools as a chaplin and has a lot of experience working with children and families.
Tish is an amazing martial artist who is truly dedicated to the arts we teach at Black Dragon Kai. She is also one of our Senior Instructors and gives 100% energy into every class she teaches. Right at the moment she has specialised in the younger kids classes.
Martial Arts Ranks
- 3rd Degree Black Belt - Kajukembo
- Probationary 2nd Degree Black Belt - Modern Martial Arts - Kyosei
- 1st Degree Black Belt - Arnis/Eskrima/Kali
- Purple Level - Muay Thai
- 3rd Degree White Belt - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Bachalor of Sceince in Missions & Sociology
- Cert IV Chaplaincy & Pastoral Care
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children - Blue Card
- Black Dragon Kai Supporter of the Year - 2019
- Beaudesert Black Dragon Kai Student of the Year - 2017 & 2020
- Beaudesert Black Dragon Kai Leadership award - 2018
- Beaudesert Spirit of Black Dragon Kai Award 2019
- Silver Kai
- Second Place in the Texas State AKA Kata Division
Beaduesert (est 1993)